Thursday, 20 July 2017

Numb

I'm pretty devastated about Chester from Linkin Park's death 😭 I was lucky enough to go to the concert they held here and another of my favourite singers, Chris Cornell was opening for them...pretty devastating all round really 😭

And I know it's going to come up that he's so "selfish"...stop right there. I've been in the dark place he was and I'm so lucky that I survived. There's nothing selfish about suicide. What there is is EMPTINESS. It's a void. Your mind plays so many tricks on you that you genuinely believe there is nothing. It's hard when your brain is constantly whispering to you that it's ok to give up, that it'll be better, that there is no other way. And when you're tired...broken down...that's when you start to think that maybe your brain is right 😭

Mental illness KILLS. We have so many warnings about smoking, drugs, obesity...but there's this taboo about mental illness. We don't talk about it. It's carefully swept under the rug. We educate our children on how to have sex safely...but we don't educate them on how to look after their brains, how to reduce stress, that being mentally ill is not something to fear but something to get help for. Just like any other illness. And it is debilitating just like any other illness. It's NOT weakness. It's NOT something you just need to "harden up" for. It's NOT something you have to "prove".

Please get help if you need it. If you want help to get help, talk to me. I can point you in the right direction. Making the decision to get help is not a sign of weakness, it's a sign of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment